Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Gluten Experiment - The beginning

This last weekend we started prepping for Monday the 4th. We sat down and talked to the boys and explained that the whole family was going to be trying this experiment and that we were all going to be guinea pigs for six weeks. So what did we do? We had a pizza party on Friday. I am trying to make it as easy as possible on the boys.

This weekend we made of list of everything that is going on with each one of us. We will put it away and look at it again in six weeks and see if anything has changed. If it has we are better for it, if everything is the same we have tried some new foods so in my opinion we are still better off for it. Really what do we have to lose, (except possibly some weight :).)

Monday went better than expected. The boys have decided that rice crackers are pretty good. Timmy misses his ritz crackers but is adjusting. He went to the boys and girls club today and I had forgotten to talk to them about dinner. I asked if they ate when I picked them up and Timmy said no because he wasn't sure if it was okay to eat. He said he was bummed because it was chicken nuggets. I promised him I would find a recipe for gluten free chicken nuggets.

Overall Monday went well, I am very proud of the boys. Timmy is doing well and Nathanial is trying. I went to costco and bought a bunch of fruit and veggies which the kids love so it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment