Friday, December 07, 2012

Date Night

Remember when date night was dinner and a movie. Occasionally our dates are that but usually we wind up walking though the mall or we've even been known to go grocery shopping. Tonight we started out at Carino's. The service wasn't the best, it was packed so we didn't see our waitress much but the food was fantastic. It was a nice time to catch up. With Lucas working 50+ hours a week and working on his MBA we haven't had a lot of time to connect so this was something I had been looking forward to.

It was nice to touch base and talk about Christmas shopping and stuff. I have been taking advantage of Craigslist and Facebook and have gotten quite a bit of the shopping done already. Yeah me!!! After dinner we walked through the mall then ended up at Freddy's. We were able to pick up shirts for the boys for their Christmas Photos and I scored two tops of the clearance shelf at Fred's. I love their clothes but won't pay full price for them.

I know it doesn't seem romantic but I love these nights. Sometimes we skip dinner all together and just walk through the store. It reminds me of a simpler time before the kids when we were younger and just strolling through the store hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment