Friday, December 28, 2012

25 days of Christmas Part 2 (11-25)

11. Christmas Ornament - I looked for recipes and stuff to do this with and honestly as I am writing this we still need to finish the ornaments so they are not done yet. I went to Walmart and bought sculpty clay. We rolled it out and cut it into circles then used the kids finger prints on the surface. I baked them and that is as far as it has gotten  We need to paint or color them. I think I might redo Kassie's. I have lots of ideas but neither the time or the energy to pull them off. 

12. Christmas Craft's - so I didn't do the prep work on this like I should have so unfortunately this didn't get done, so maybe next year.

13. Christmas Color Pages - see day 12. plus the boys didn't really seem interested in coloring pages so this might be left off the list for next year or maybe just for me and Kassie.

14. Christmas Cartoons and Popcorn - This was a lot of fun. Anytime we can cuddle up in our jammies is a good time. Rudolph the red nose reindeer is always a must see this time a year.

15. Christmas Lights - the was a change of plans and we only saw a few lights on the way home from church. It was late and everyone was tired. I learned a long time ago that it's important to be flexible and plans don't always the way you plan it.

16. Gingerbread House - We decided to do a train instead. The boys absolutely loved it. Unfortunately we are not able to use the kids straight from the box since Nathanial is allergic to red dye so I picked up some spice drops for them to use instead. I have photos somewhere but can't find them right now. I will have to do a separate post later.

17. Family Game Night - We taught the boys to play checkers tonight. Everyone had fun and a good time. 

18. Make a gift for teachers - see day 12. I always have the best of intentions but for some reason things do not get done. I am working on this.

19. Breakfast for Dinner - Sausage and eggs with pancakes. It was easy for me and this kids enjoyed it. 

20. PJ's and the Polar Express - Another must see for the family this time a year. We always watch it at least once. 

21. Make a fort and watch Christmas movies - I think this was one of their favorite nights. They turned the living room into forts and camped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment