Saturday, January 05, 2013

My New Year

A new year symbolizes new beginnings. It's a time for evaluation and reflection. Where are we, how did we get here and is the path that we are on still the right one for us. How is it a new beginning when we have traveled this road before. We've stood in this same exact spot, sometimes moving forward just to take a wrong turn and end up at the beginning, other times we stand frozen stuck in time, convinced that doing nothing will maintain the status quo. The problem with that view is that even if we stay still the world around us is always changing, always moving and can leave us in the dust.

So my resolutions?


Some of these goals are the same from last year, and some are new. So how do we survive more than a few weeks with our new goals? We use our goals as a map. We check our map on a weekly basis, or better yet we let someone else hold it and check in with us. We are not designed to travel this world alone and I do not believe any of these journeys or goals that we set are best met alone. We need and are best successful when we surround ourselves with a support system. Even a simple, "Hey how are you doing with your goal?" can mean a world of difference between success and failure. 

So this year I share my goals with my circle. I admit that I cannot do this by myself. I admit that I am tired of standing still and watching the world move forward while I do not. I am tired of the status quo. I want to move forward. I am ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment