Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Gluten Free Journey - Bread

A few days ago, on the 28th I gave an update on our journey. We have seen enough positives that we will probably continue doing what we are doing. One of my biggest grips is that I like bread. I don't mind making bread but have yet found a recipe that we all like. Mainly I am the problem. I have not really looked hard and have only tried two different recipes but both breads gave me sulfur burps which are not pleasant for anyone so I got discouraged. Making bread takes work and it didn't seem worth it if I couldn't eat it. Honestly no one else is really missing it and they are liking the variety in their lunches. 

Lucas picked up some Franz Gluten Free bread and I am in love. I am still going to be searching for a recipe that we can all eat because the price tag around $6 for basically 1/2 loaf of bread is what I consider steep but for a treat it will work. Funny thing is before we started this no wheat thing I really did not like sandwiches but the one Lucas made me for lunch on Sunday was sooooo good. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment